The term digital can mean many things and many companies will use it in a number of ways. You can think of digital as being anything done with a computer or technology instead of manually doing it with a pen and paper. Some examples would be:
- Sending an e-mail instead of a letter
- Ordering food on a touch screen or app instead of with a waitress
- Online store or website versus selling in store only
These digital experiences have shifted the way we live. We all can think of examples of how we have changed our behaviors with technology. During the pandemic, the adoption of these technologies was accelerated. In addition to accelerated adoption of technology, our expectations are rising and across business. We expect every company to be as convenient as Amazon or as personalized as Apple. A positive experience with one business will require others to step up their game; even if it is not in the same industry. Even B2B companies are shifting their focus to the customer or buyer experience based on our adoption of technology.
So what does all of this mean for business?
You need to invest in the technology and build a solid digital foundation. Computer power doubles every 2 years and you cannot keep pace with that exponential pace of change without a strong digital foundation.
When you take your business from pen and paper to a digital capability, you enable your company to keep up with the pace of technology. Disruptive technologies like cloud, AI, and 5G are all involved in this digital disruption. However, if your business is already digitized, you can keep up with the pace of change.
Digital businesses are able to:
- Easily upgrade their platform to better and faster solutions
- Connect with other technologies and new platforms
- Automate repetitive processes
- Have more flexible product offerings and solutions
- Meet their customers on their preferred channel
Your digital foundation consists of:
- A basic cloud workspace solution including e-mail and video conferencing
- A capable website and business listing that shows up on search engines
- A tool to help manage customers, marketing, and sales
To get started, contact us and we can give you an assessment on how to start your digital transformation journey.
One thought on “Why Building a Digital Foundation is So important”